SAT | NOV 23 | 4PM
The age old question for food and wine lovers: How to pair the two for maximum enjoyment of each. For many it seems like a daunting task. It can be, until you learn the best tips and tricks from the experts (and learn to trust your own senses). Join seasoned wine country chef and culinary educator, MikeC, along with the valley’s top winery professionals for a fun filled evening of learning all about the perfect marriage of food and wine. Your
class will start with a flavor and aroma tasting exercise where you will learn how to distinguish the array of smells and tastes from wine and how to match them up with different culinary ingredients. You’ll then discuss the wine pairings for the dishes you’ll be creating in the wonderful kitchen at Cedar Gables Inn. Chef MikeC will guide you through a fun filled hands-on cooking class featuring mouth-watering seasonal wine country-inspired cuisine. Gain the confidence to be your own sommelier at home or out on the town.
Tickets: $185.00 per guest | JESSUP MEMBERS and receive $25 Off
DISCOUNT LINK – https://raisetheroot.webs.com/food-wine-pairing-jcwc
LOGIN – Jessup
PASSWORD – WineClub (Cap Sensitive)
For more Info: Phone: 510-757-4406 | email@example.com
KEY LEARNING POINTS
– How aroma (the nose) and taste (as in the buds on your tongue) combine forces to create flavor.
– What ingredients in wine give it the different flavors.
– Standard characteristic, aroma and flavor profiles of the different varietals of Napa wines.
the basic guideline for getting the most pleasure out of pairing wine with food or food with wine.
– What types of wine are best to cook with.
– Creative new ways to cook with wine.
and much much more!
– 2012 Sauvignon Blanc served during class.
– Southern Fried Chicken Bites w/ Avocado Chive Aioli | 2012 Chardonnay
– Roasted Beet, Blood Orange, Spinach & Feta Salad w/ Balsamic Tarragon Vinaigrette | 2011 Zinfandel
– Demi and Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs w/ Fall Vegetables & Bruschetta | 2009 Table for Four
– Dark Chocolate Cabernet Torte “Sundaes” w/ Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream & Dark Berry Sauce | 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
Cedar Gables Inn
486 Coombs Street
Napa CA 94559