Duck and Sausage Cassoulet
- ¼ lb Bacon, cut thinly crosswise
- 4 each Duck Legs
- 1 large Yellow Onion, medium diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 medium Carrots, medium diced
- 2 stalks Celery, medium diced
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 2 each Sausages (such as Augie’s Brisket Pastrami Sausages), cut into 10 pieces each
- 1 ½ cups Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups Canned White Beans
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Parsley, minced
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the bacon to a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until the fat has rendered off and the bacon is starting to brown. Remove the cooked bacon from the pan while leaving the rendered fat in it.
- Increase the heat to high and sear both sides of the duck legs until deep golden brown. Remove from the pan a set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add in the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery along with a little salt & pepper; and sauté for 4-6 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add in the red wine and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in the Augie’s Brisket Pastrami Sausages, canned tomato, canned white beans, thyme, and chicken stock; and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the duck legs, cover the Dutch oven, and place into the oven for about 1 ½ hours. Remove from the oven, uncover, and stir in the parsley before serving.
- cook’s knife
- Dutch Oven
- Wood cooking spoon or spatula
Copyright © ChefMikeC.