2018 Table for Four + Recipe Pairing
Already well known for its creative assortment of winetasting options complete with award winning wines paired with our Resident Chef’s unique recipes, Jessup Cellars offers another unique and flavorful combination for their guests and members to enjoy.
A delightfully smooth and silky blend, Jessup Cellars’ 2018 Table for Four Signature Red Blend, carefully handcrafted in their Yountville winery only from a combination of high-quality Napa Valley grapes.
This high-end red wine is an expert blend primarily Cabernet Sauvignon grapes expertly enhanced with the special attributes of lesser amounts of Petite Verdot, Cabernet Franc, and Petite Sirah to create a truly top notch, highly drinkable wine.
Jessup Cellars’ Table for Four Signature Red Blend has become recognized as a legendary high-end red wine, a centerpiece of the Yountville winery’s philosophy of highly drinkable wines in youth that continue to age beautifully over time.
The art of blending to create wines unique wines with enhanced flavors and structure is a true expression of any winemaker’s talents, and the 2018 Table for Four represents a genuine testimony to those skills.
Tasting Notes, 2018 ‘Table for Four’ Blend
Exceptionally bold, Jessup Cellar’s 2018 blend is layered with aromas of wild blueberry, blackberry jam, and currants, accompanied with lovely touches of cedar, vanilla, and clove from 22 months of barreling in French Oak. The complex aromas and flavors of this high-end red wine build to a crescendo, meeting in a gorgeous, long-lasting finish, the perfect complement to an indulgent pairing of short ribs or duck and sausage cassoulet.
Underscoring Jessup Cellar’s emphasis on pairing the best combinations of food and wines, this popular Yountville winery employs a highly respected and very creative Resident Chef, MikeC, whose principal role is to create food recipes that pair nicely with each of the winery’s range of wines.
Here is one more of Chef MikeC’s recipes, one specially curated to pair with Jessup Cellars’ 2018 Table for Four blend:
Duck and Sausage Cassoulet by MikeC, Resident Chef, Jessup Cellars
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- ¼ lb Bacon, cut thinly crosswise
- 4 each Duck Legs
- 1 large Yellow Onion, medium diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 medium Carrots, medium diced
- 2 stalks Celery, medium diced
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 2 each Sausages (such as Augie’s Brisket Pastrami Sausages), cut into 10 pieces each
- 1 ½ cups Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups Canned White Beans
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Parsley, minced
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the bacon to a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until the fat has rendered off and the bacon is starting to brown. Remove the cooked bacon from the pan while leaving the rendered fat in it.
- Increase the heat to high and sear both sides of the duck legs until deep golden brown. Remove from the pan a set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add in the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery along with a little salt & pepper; and sauté for 4-6 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add in the red wine and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in the Augie’s Brisket Pastrami Sausages, canned tomato, canned white beans, thyme, and chicken stock; and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the duck legs, cover the Dutch oven, and place into the oven for about 1 ½ hours. Remove from the oven, uncover, and stir in the parsley before serving.
- cook’s knife
- Dutch Oven
- Wood cooking spoon or spatula
Copyright © ChefMikeC.
Visit Jessup Cellars, a Premier Yountville Winery
Jessup Cellars truly understands the exceptional synergy between delicious, well-prepared foods perfectly paired with their excellent vintage varietals and blended wines.
A visit to Jessup Cellars Yountville Tasting Room is a memorable experience, Not only are visitors treated to splendid art collection features in the Gallery, but they will have a choice of several different winetasting options. Some of these include their:
- Classic Wine Experience: a guided Tasting with Pairing Plate
- Chocolate Lovers Experience: a guided Tasting with Artisan Chocolate Pairing
- Tasting Flights (wine only) Flights of 3 or 5 wines
- Land, Sea, and Barrel Experience (Members Only)
A selection of Virtual and In-Home Tastings are also available.
For more information and to reserve your place for a delightful and delicious Wine Tasting at Jessup Cellars, a Yountville winery, visit the Jessup Cellars website.